Marion is a retail banking and digital expert. She joined La Banque Postale as co-ceo in charge of the Retail banking at La Banque Postale this spring. Previously, she spent 20 years at BPCE Group, working in regional banks and implementing the digital strategy for the group. She is a true retail banking professional who has spent her entire career in this business, at all levels and in all functions.
Marion Rouso is graduated from ESCP Business School and Stanford’s Executive Program. She is also member of the board of MaFrenchBank, BPE and LBP Consumer Finance.
About La Banque Postale
With its subsidiaries, including CNP Assurances, La Banque Postale is a leading European banking and insurance specialist and a leader in sustainable finance. Its diversified business model enables it to support 20 million individual and corporate customers with a comprehensive range of products accessible to all. A subsidiary of Groupe La Poste, La Banque Postale is a local bank, operating throughout France with 17,000 outlets including 7,600 post offices.
Responsible by design
With its strategic plan “La Banque Postale 2030”, La Banque Postale has set itself the ambition of becoming the favourite bank of the people of France, with an integrated and omnichannel offer of bankinsurance services based on three distinct brands: La Banque Postale, its everyday bank, Ma French Bank, its 100% mobile bank and BPE, its private bank. With its strong civic identity, La Banque Postale is positioned at the service of a fair transition, responding to environmental, social, territorial and digital issues.
In a nutshell
• The 11th largest bank in the Eurozone with a total balance sheet of €737 billion and a NBI of €7.7 billion?
• A diversified business model: 33.4% of NBI from insurance activities and 64.5% from banking activities?
• 20 million customers?
• More than 630,000 asset-based customers???
• Nearly 340,000 legal entities and local public sector clients?
• 100% of LBPAM’s eligible funds have the SRI label?
• Leading bank worldwide in the “retail and specialised banking” sector (according to Vigeo Eiris, November 2020)??
• A professional equality index of 97/100